Friday, March 5, 2010

From Jillian in Ext. Terr. of Australia~Norfolk Island


Look a postcard from a place I did not know existed! I think that might be the best kind of postcard. Jillian sent this card from Norfolk Island which is one of the External Territories of Australia.  I am thinking that it must be a bit like Puerto Rico is to the United States.

From the back of the postcard:

Left: St Barnabas Chapel, built from stone taken from the ruins of the New Gaol. Right: Detail of the chapel's elaborate Rose Window.

The stamps are glorious too:

2 comments:

  1. I'm really jealous of your luck… Such a wonderful postcard with three impressive stamps from a 2,000 people island in the middle of nowhere. Unbelievable! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, isn't it wonderful?! I think Jillian is the only person there on Postcrossing, so I am doubly lucky!

    ReplyDelete